No Celebration Today

I was exhausted yesterday. I bet you were too. January 6 shook me to my core. I found myself nauseous.

I write about wine because I like it and I want you to like it and to understand why you do in order that you might enjoy it more. I drink it because it relaxes me while at the same time exciting my senses. I drink it because chosen properly it enhances my food and in turn, my food enhances my wine. I drink it to celebrate a day when something good has happened.

Yesterday, there was some good, but not enough. Not enough to make up for the evil. Not enough to make me want to celebrate anything. 

In Third World countries, they don't blog about their wine experiences. They don't write about travels, even fictitious ones to experience wine on all seven continents, in the middle eastern depths near the Dead Sea, or high in the Andes Mountains. They don't write about tasting wine at 55 degrees north or 75 degrees south. 

Yesterday, the United States was a Third World country. I'm not here to place blame, but sorrow. Today, drink what you want. Pair with whatever you like whether it goes together or not. Drink your wine at the proper temperature or a wrong one. Drink it out of the wrong glass and hold the glass impreperly. 

Today, I don't care. But, today will be a better day. It has to be. And tomorrow, I will have something better to say. But, for today, just be glad we will have a tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gruner Veltliner

Wineries and Wine Clubs

Mount Veeder