Reflections on Nine Months

A bit over 9 months ago, I started this blog. My intention was to do to blog about a new grape every day through the brief COVID hiatus from life. Back then, the experts. and clearly they don't qualify as Nostradamus, were saying to give it 3 to 5 weeks and all would be back to normal. Even at 5 weeks, that's 35 grapes. I've certainly tasted single vairietal wines from 35 different grapes that I could write about, so that would be easy and then after 5 weeks of abmormal life, things would return to normal and this blog would be retired along with many others that have gone to blogging purgatory.

Something happened. I don't need to tell you the story. But, 3 weeks went by and then it was 5 weeks and it was clear that this was not ending any time soon. So, I had to think of more grapes and more topics and some grapes I wrote about multimple times because they are so well-known, but so different depending on where they come from. 

The next revelation was when a loyal follower told me she was particularly interested in my posts on process (who knew), so I wrote about more process. And, then another loyal reader told me that he found his daily journey to someplace in the world that he would never actually get to visit quite relaxing. So, I put more focus on the travel aspects. And, then a reader told me I should do a made-up grape and I did two days on a made-up grape and she didn't catch it. That was fun.

After 9 months and gaining followers from both inside the US and outside, winemakers, wine drinkers, and believe it or not, some people who don't even like wine, but like the journey, I seem to be stuck. At some point I will run out of steam, but for now, I continue to find a topic every day. But, it's not easy. I do not do research for this.

What I need from my readers are ideas. Comment on this blog or on my Twitter posts or on my Facebook posts, but if you do, constructive comments would be more useful than others. What aspect of wine or what region's wine would you like to see a post on? If you get lucky or maybe if I get lucky, I will know enough about it to make something up.

If you've been with me for all or most of the 9 months, thank you so much. For me, this has been a labor of love. I'm not making money from this, not a cent. But, if I am writing and you are enjoying, please recommend this blog to a freind or even a foe. I still won't make money from it, but the more readers I have, the more I feel inspired to write.

Happy New Year. May 2021 be far better than 2020 (that should be a low bar for most of us) and may each of your wine experience be better than the one before it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gruner Veltliner

Wineries and Wine Clubs

Mount Veeder